Officiating Fees (Effective August 1, 2017)
|Match Type||Match Official||Match Fee|
|Senior, Club, College, U19 (incl. Youth) *||Referee||$125|
|Senior, Club, College, U19 (incl. Youth) *||2 Assistant Referees ***||$125|
|Senior, Club, College, U19 (incl. Youth) *||4th Official (Technical Zone) ***||$50|
|1-Day 15s Tournament **||Referee
|$90 per team|
|2-Day 15s Tournament **||Referee
|$115 per team|
|1-Day 7s Tournament **||Referee
|$75 per team|
*Teams outside of 100 miles (one-way) from Washington DC will be levied a $100 surcharge for additional travel costs. Currently covers: Pittsburgh, Salisbury, Chambersburg and Frostburg.
**Tournaments located outside of 70 miles (one-way) from Washington DC will be levied the following surcharges on top of those listed above: $35/team for 1-Day 15s; $50/team for 2-Day 15s; and $30/team for 1-Day 7s. Currently this would include tournaments taking place at: Frostburg, Salisbury, Mount St. Mary’s, and Pax River.
***Only applies if the club/team specifically requested Assistant Referees and/or a 4th Official.
Fines / Charges
- Any changes (e.g. location/venue, kick-off time, etc.) within 7 days of the scheduled game could result in the loss of assigned match official(s).
- In case of an “act of God”, the team/club must make every effort to contact the match official(s) to avoid costs being incurred. If the team/club fails to contact the assigned match official(s), the team/club will be billed the normal match fee plus a $50 penalty.
- Requests for match official(s) made within 10 days of the scheduled game may be billed at double the normal match fee (as listed above), if a match official(s) is assigned.
- Clubs are required to confirm match details with their assigned officials at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled kickoff time, as per the official schedule on PotomacReferees.org. If a club fails to confirm match details by this time, the match official(s) may be reassigned and the club may still be billed the match fee(s).
- If a club cancels a match with less than 72 hours’ notice, the club may still be billed for the match.
- Should an official become unavailable after contact and without replacement, Potomac will credit the club for 1/2 the match fee (in addition to no charge for the assignment).
- Should a referee fail to show without notice for a match after contact, Potomac will credit the club for a full match fee (in addition to no charge for the assignment).